What are the types of fatty acids?

Janis Jibrin, MS, RD
The four types of fatty acids are polyunsaturated, monounsaturated, saturated, and trans. Though most foods contain a mix, usually one type of fatty acid predominates. For instance, olive oil contains 73 percent monounsaturated fat; the rest is polyunsaturated and saturated fat.
The Best Life Guide to Managing Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes

Bob Greene has helped millions of Americans become fit and healthy with his life-changing Best Life plan. Now, for the first time, Oprah's trusted expert on diet and fitness teams up with a leading...

Continue Learning about Fats

Your Superpower Nose Can Sniff out Fat
Your Superpower Nose Can Sniff out Fat
Superman and Spiderman use their super-powers for good to aid seemingly helpless humans in their time of need. But believe it or not you have what you...
What is prostaglandin?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Prostaglandin E1 is a hormone-like substance created when the body ingests an essential fatty acid c...
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood
Am I Burning Calories When I Shiver?
Am I Burning Calories When I Shiver?