What causes retinal-vein occlusion (RVO)?

A retinal-vein occlusion (RVO) occurs when a vein in the eye's retina is blocked. There are two main types of retinal-vein occlusion: Central retinal-vein occlusion (CRVO), when the main vein of the eye (located at the optic nerve) becomes blocked; and branch retinal-vein occlusion (BRVO), when one of the smaller branches of vessels attached to the main vein becomes blocked.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Relief for Eye Allergies
Relief for Eye Allergies
When the highly allergic Snot Rod, a mischievous street racer in Cars, sneezes, he shoots nitro fire from his headers. But if you’re susceptible to sp...
How do I manage my viral eye infections on a daily basis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Managing a viral eye infection is often simply a case of staying home and limiting contact with othe...
5 Best Foods for Your Eyes
5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes
Swap your carrots for these eye-friendly foods.
Can Eyes Be Transplanted?
Can Eyes Be Transplanted?