What causes retinal-vein occlusion (RVO)?

A retinal-vein occlusion (RVO) occurs when a vein in the eye's retina is blocked. There are two main types of retinal-vein occlusion: Central retinal-vein occlusion (CRVO), when the main vein of the eye (located at the optic nerve) becomes blocked; and branch retinal-vein occlusion (BRVO), when one of the smaller branches of vessels attached to the main vein becomes blocked.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Clear Insight: How to Prevent Cataracts
Clear Insight: How to Prevent Cataracts
When Little Red Riding Hood exclaimed, “My Grandma, what big eyes you have,” the Big Bad Wolf replied, “The better to see you with my dear.” “But, Gra...
Sunglasses as Important as Sunscreen for Kids
Perhaps you’re quick to make sure your kids wear sunglasses when you hit the beach or the pool. But do you take the same precaution when they’re just ...
10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips
10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips
Take a look at 10 sight-saving tips to protect your vision and boost your eye health. Sight–it's one of the most important senses in your body. You r...
Can Eyes Be Transplanted?
Can Eyes Be Transplanted?