There are many different types of cataracts, and some of them have specific causes while others develop without ophthalmologists ever having any evidence as to why they occurred. Everyone who lives long enough will develop cataracts; some babies are born with cataracts, and others can develop them at almost any age. Fortunately, cataracts can be corrected with a painless and safe operation like cataract surgery. I suggest that you discuss your situation with your eye doctor (ophthalmologist).
- Q Can I wear contacts if I am legally blind and wear thick glasses?
- Q Is it safe to use a store brand of contact lens solution?
- Q How do I know what size contact lenses I should wear?
- Q Can a teen's eyes be too small for contact lenses?
- Q What do I need to know to safely use contact lenses?
- Q Who is not a good candidate for contact lenses?