There are many different types of cataracts, and some of them have specific causes while others develop without ophthalmologists ever having any evidence as to why they occurred. Everyone who lives long enough will develop cataracts; some babies are born with cataracts, and others can develop them at almost any age. Fortunately, cataracts can be corrected with a painless and safe operation like cataract surgery. I suggest that you discuss your situation with your eye doctor (ophthalmologist).
- Q Can I wear contact lenses if my eyes are irritated?
- Q Does vision care insurance cover the cost of contact lenses?
- Q How do I know what size contact lenses I should wear?
- Q Can contact lenses correct extremely bad vision?
- Q Can I wear contacts if I am legally blind and wear thick glasses?
- Q Can I wear contact lenses if I have glaucoma?