There are many different types of cataracts, and some of them have specific causes while others develop without ophthalmologists ever having any evidence as to why they occurred. Everyone who lives long enough will develop cataracts; some babies are born with cataracts, and others can develop them at almost any age. Fortunately, cataracts can be corrected with a painless and safe operation like cataract surgery. I suggest that you discuss your situation with your eye doctor (ophthalmologist).
- Q How can I prevent eye irritation with contacts?
- Q What are contact lenses?
- Q What are the risks of contact lenses?
- Q Can wearing contact lenses contribute to bacterial eye infections?
- Q What causes irritation and mucous discharge when wearing contacts?
- Q Is it safe to use a store brand of contact lens solution?