There are many different types of cataracts, and some of them have specific causes while others develop without ophthalmologists ever having any evidence as to why they occurred. Everyone who lives long enough will develop cataracts; some babies are born with cataracts, and others can develop them at almost any age. Fortunately, cataracts can be corrected with a painless and safe operation like cataract surgery. I suggest that you discuss your situation with your eye doctor (ophthalmologist).
- Q How does the curvature measurement work for contact lenses?
- Q What are the risks of contact lenses?
- Q How can I prevent infections caused by contact lenses?
- Q How can I prevent eye irritation with contacts?
- Q What do I need to know to safely use contact lenses?
- Q Is there a minimum age for wearing contacts?