How do I treat an eye that is bloodshot from an injury?

Due to the importance of vision and the risk of missing a severe injury that could permanently affect the eye, all eye injuries -- including those that appear bloodshot -- should be evaluated immediately by a doctor.
An injury could have caused a mild or a severe eye injury causing it to be bloodshot. If you have damaged some of the structures inside the eye you may be more likely to suffer severe consequences such as glaucoma or retinal detachment. See your eye doctor to ensure that you do not have a serious eye injury.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

A Smart Diet for Healthy Eyes
A Smart Diet for Healthy Eyes
A low-glycemic-index diet has long been touted as a way to avoid blood sugar problems. But it seems this approach to eating may help keep your eyes in...
What might cause chronic, thick eye discharge?
Wayne BizerWayne Bizer
There are many causes of such a problem, such as allergy, dry eye, and chronic irritation. I urg...
7 Foods for Healthy Eyes
7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes7 Foods for Healthy Eyes
For brighter eyes and clearer vision, these foods can help.
What Are the Most Important Issues in Eye Health?