Depending on the cause, a viral eye infection can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. Certain chronic types of viral eye infection, such as cytomegalovirus retinitis, may require long-term care and treatment on the order of many months. Most cases of viral eye infection are not that serious, however, and clear up on their own after a few days.
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my viral eye infection symptoms?
- Q How do other illnesses affect viral eye infections?
- Q What causes viral eye infections?
- Q How are viral eye infections diagnosed?
- Q How effective is CMV retinitis treatment?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for viral eye infections?