Can I work in the medical profession with retinitis pigmentosa?

If you have retinitis pigmentosa, it would be prudent for you to discuss your visual prognosis with your ophthalmologist or retina specialist. If you have decreased vision, that could make pursuing some professions more challenging or difficult. However, there are always potential ways to pursue careers that you may be interested in, even in medicine.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Can Your Eyes Reveal Heart Problems?
Can Your Eyes Reveal Heart Problems?
A quick look at your eyes can reveal signs of heart problems. In this video, Dr. Mehmet Oz explains what you should look for next time you look in the...
What do multifocal and accommodative IOLs do to clear vision?
Dr. Alan J. Margolis, MDDr. Alan J. Margolis, MD
Prior to undergoing cataract surgery, your ophthalmologist will perform a variety of tests and exami...
What are symptoms of an eye injury?
The symptoms of an eye injury include tearing, pain, vision changes (double vision and blurry vision...
How do I manage my eyelash growth abnormality on a daily basis?
Treatment options for eyelash growth abnormalities will vary depending on the abnormality and the un...