Is there an alternative to surgery for estropia for a child?

A second opinion should always be obtained when there is some uncertainty in pursuing a given treatment course, whether that uncertainty is in the mind of the physician, the patient, or the patient's parents. The reason for the surgery might be that there is crossing of the eyes of even a small amount and the physician or ophthalmologist thinks he can restore binocular vision.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Are Your Contact Lenses Swimming in Bacteria?
Contact lenses are so popular, even grade-school children with fuzzy vision are skipping the specs and choosing contacts. The trend makes it easy to f...
How do I manage my viral eye infections on a daily basis?
Managing a viral eye infection is often simply a case of staying home and limiting contact with othe...
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
When it comes to nourishing your vision, a good diet trumps dietary supplements–for most of us.
What Are the Most Important Issues in Eye Health?