How do I get rid of floaters?

You don't! These annoying black spots in our vision develop for many different reasons. Some floaters will go away by themselves and others will be there forever. A person's awareness of the floaters will change from time to time based on lighting conditions, and they usually become less noticeable as the years pass as the brain adjusts to this bothersome development.
It is most important to note that the onset of new vitreous floaters with or without flashes of light is a potentially serious event and should be seen by your ophthalmologist, Eye M.D., quickly, as it can be a sign of a retinal tear or serious retinal detachment.

Continue Learning about Eye Conditions

What Are Some Basic Facts About Children's Eye Health?
How Does Personalized Medicine Play Into Ophthalmology?
How Can I Reduce the Risk of Vision Loss?
What Is Exciting About Modern Ophthalmology?