How do I get rid of floaters?

You don't! These annoying black spots in our vision develop for many different reasons. Some floaters will go away by themselves and others will be there forever. A person's awareness of the floaters will change from time to time based on lighting conditions, and they usually become less noticeable as the years pass as the brain adjusts to this bothersome development.
It is most important to note that the onset of new vitreous floaters with or without flashes of light is a potentially serious event and should be seen by your ophthalmologist, Eye M.D., quickly, as it can be a sign of a retinal tear or serious retinal detachment.

Continue Learning about Eye Conditions

What Is Presbyopia?
What Is Presbyopia?
Presbyopia is a condition that affects a person's ability to see up close, and usually occurs around age 40. Learn more in this video featuring naturo...
What are floaters?
Stare at a white wall for a few seconds. See any tiny bubble-shaped shadows or stringy things floati...
What's the treatment if the whites of my eyes are red or yellow?
Dry eyes, irritants, and infections can all cause redness of the sclera. Most infections are caused ...
What Are Some Basic Facts About Children's Eye Health?