Floaters are very common and in most cases resolve over week to months. When they persist and are very troublesome, surgery with either a laser (not LASIK) or vitrectomy can at times be successful but it is very controversial and not recommended by most eye surgeons.
- Q What do floaters with flashes of light mean?
- Q How do contact lenses affect floaters or flashes of light?
- Q What are floaters?
- Q Should I be concerned about floaters and flashes of light in my eyes?
- Q What is the treatment for floaters?
- Q How long will floaters last?