Floaters are very common and in most cases resolve over week to months. When they persist and are very troublesome, surgery with either a laser (not LASIK) or vitrectomy can at times be successful but it is very controversial and not recommended by most eye surgeons.
- Q What is the treatment for floaters?
- Q When should I seek treatment for a floater in my eye?
- Q Should I have laser treatment to remove floaters in my eye?
- Q How do contact lenses affect floaters or flashes of light?
- Q What are the pros and cons of laser surgery to treat floaters?
- Q Should I have surgery to remove floaters in my eye?