Floaters are very common and in most cases resolve over week to months. When they persist and are very troublesome, surgery with either a laser (not LASIK) or vitrectomy can at times be successful but it is very controversial and not recommended by most eye surgeons.
- Q How long will floaters last?
- Q What are eye floaters in older adults?
- Q What are the pros and cons of laser surgery to treat floaters?
- Q What should I do if I have a fuzzy dark spot in my field of vision?
- Q What is the treatment for floaters?
- Q Can eye floaters be removed?