Floaters are very common and in most cases resolve over week to months. When they persist and are very troublesome, surgery with either a laser (not LASIK) or vitrectomy can at times be successful but it is very controversial and not recommended by most eye surgeons.
- Q What are eye floaters in older adults?
- Q When should I seek treatment for a floater in my eye?
- Q What should I do if I have a fuzzy dark spot in my field of vision?
- Q How long will floaters last?
- Q Should I have surgery to remove floaters in my eye?
- Q What are floaters?