What is a visual field test?

Your visual field refers to how much you can see around you, including objects in your peripheral (side) vision.

This test produces a map of your field of vision. Visual field tests help your ophthalmologist (Eye M.D.) monitor any loss of vision and diagnose eye problems and disease.

Continue Learning about Eye Care

Why You Need Regular Eye Exams
Why You Need Regular Eye Exams
Roughly 11 million Americans older than 12-years old need vision correction, but glasses or contacts are just one reason to see an eye doctor. Compreh...
How can excessive tearing be treated?
American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmartAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart
Once your ophthalmologist determines the cause, treatment may include one or more of the following: ...
Why is it important to take care of my vision as I get older?
With age, almost everyone's vision deteriorates to some degree. Fortunately, there are several ways ...
What Recent Eye Health Developments Have Surprised You the Most?