What are the different types of visual field tests?

There are two main testing methods:

Moving Targets Lighted targets are moved from where you can’t see them (beyond your side vision) in towards the center of your vision until you do see them. As soon as the target appears in your field of vision, you press the indicator button.

Fixed Targets Instead of targets moving into your field of vision, fixed targets suddenly appear in different areas on the screen. When the targets appear, you press the indicator button.

Continue Learning about Eye Care

The Importance of Contact Lens Care
The Importance of Contact Lens Care
In the 1997 movie Contact, astronomer Ellie Arroway (Jodi Foster) gets a message from outer space instructing her to build a machine. Hmmm. Will it de...
Why are smoking and high blood pressure so dangerous to your vision?
Smoking or high blood pressure cuts off blood vessels that feed the retina (the nerve tissue that co...
Why should I have regular eye exams as I get older?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Speak with your doctor about any changes in your vision. People 65 or older should be examined annua...
What Is the Mission of the American Academy of Ophthalmology?