Will doing eye exercises improve my vision?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD
It may be possible to train your brain to improve your vision, says Robin Miller, MD. In this video she discusses the findings of a research study using a brain-training program and who this might help.
Laura C. Fine, MD
Ophthalmology
Eye exercises will not improve or preserve vision or reduce the need for glasses. Your vision depends on many factors, including the shape of your eye and the health of the eye tissues, none of which can be significantly altered with eye exercises.

Continue Learning about Healthy Eye and Vision

5 Ways to Prevent Computer Eyestrain
5 Ways to Prevent Computer Eyestrain
Staring at a computer screen can cause headaches, back and neck pain, blurry vision and dry eyes. Watch Dr. Oz explain how to avoid these issues durin...
Are fluorescent lights bad for my eyes?
Aaron P. Weingeist, MDAaron P. Weingeist, MD
With routine use, neither fluorescent nor incandescent light causes damage to the eyes or visual sys...
Is there a healing benefit to tears?
Watch to learn more about the cleansing benefit of emotional tears.
Is It Harmful to My Eyes to Sit Close to the TV?