How long will it take me to lose 100 pounds?

To lose any amount of weight in a healthy manner, you will want to set a goal of losing two pounds per week. In order to lose weight, you must burn more calories than are being taken in. One pound of fat is roughly 3,500 calories. To lose two pounds per week, you will have to burn 7,000 calories more than you take in each week. At the rate of two pounds per week, it would take up to 50 weeks to achieve your goal of 100 pounds. This may be discouraging, but 100 pounds is a significant amount of weight. To help you along the way, set smaller goals that can be achieved in a shorter amount of time. This will prevent thinking in terms of all or nothing. Setting a goal of eight pounds per month will be easier to track and will provide the necessary motivation to get to you where you want to be.

Continue Learning about Exercise For Weight Loss

How Beneficial Is Exercise with a Partner?
What's the Best Exercise for Weight Loss If I Only Have 5 Minutes?
How to Bust Through a Weight-Loss Plateau
How Can I Exercise to Lose Weight If I Have Foot Problems?