Will having an enameloplasty hurt?

Since enameloplasty, or recontouring, does not affect the pulp of the tooth, where the nerves are contained, it is not usually painful, and no anesthetic is usually needed.

Continue Learning about Enameloplasty

How long does an enameloplasty take?
Enameloplasty is a relatively quick and painless procedure that is done in a short office visit, usu...
What does an enameloplasty treat?
Enameloplasty, or recontouring, is highly effective for correcting minor imperfections, such as:...
How many days will I be off work if I am having an enameloplasty?
Enameloplasty, or recontouring, is a simple, quick, and usually painless cosmetic procedure. You...
What are the risks of having an enameloplasty?
Since enamel cannot be replaced, enameloplasty should be considered carefully. The only risk is that...