What is an enameloplasty?

Enameloplasty is a procedure in which small amounts of tooth enamel are removed to change a tooth’s length, shape, or surface. It is also called tooth recontouring, reshaping, odontoplasty, enameloplasty, stripping, or slenderizing.

Continue Learning about Enameloplasty

What are the risks of having an enameloplasty?
Since enamel cannot be replaced, enameloplasty should be considered carefully. The only risk is that...
What information should I tell my dentist prior to having an enameloplasty?
Since enameloplasty, or recontouring, is a simple cosmetic procedure that does not usually requi...
Will having an enameloplasty affect the appearance of my teeth?
William M. Litaker Jr., DDSWilliam M. Litaker Jr., DDS
Enameloplasty is used to reshape teeth. It involves smoothing or recontouring the enamel of the teet...
How long is an enameloplasty effective?
Enameloplasty that is done to correct small imperfections in the tooth shape or surface is usually p...