What is an enameloplasty?

Enameloplasty is a procedure in which small amounts of tooth enamel are removed to change a tooth’s length, shape, or surface. It is also called tooth recontouring, reshaping, odontoplasty, enameloplasty, stripping, or slenderizing.

Continue Learning about Enameloplasty

What are the benefits of having an enameloplasty?
The benefits of enameloplasty include the correction of minor defects such as: small chips in a ...
What information should I tell my dentist prior to having an enameloplasty?
Since enameloplasty, or recontouring, is a simple cosmetic procedure that does not usually requi...
What could happen if I choose not to have an enameloplasty?
If you choose not to have an enameloplasty, you may retain small chips in a tooth, bulges or pits in...
When should I call the dentist after having an enameloplasty?
You should call your dentist after having an enameloplasty if your teeth become sensitive enough...