Can I buy emergency contraceptive pills (ECPs) without a prescription?

The FDA recently approved Plan B One Step for sale over the counter to women of all ages. Another option, called Plan B, is available without a prescription to those age 17 and up.

Continue Learning about Emergency Contraception

Can I get emergency contraceptive pills even if I don't need it?
Yes. Your doctor should bring up emergency contraceptive pills (ECPs) at your annual exam (when you ...
How can I get emergency contraceptive pills (ECPs)?
You can get Plan B at drugstores and stores with a licensed pharmacist. The FDA recently approved Pl...
What is emergency contraception?
Emergency contraception, or emergency birth control, is used to help keep a woman from getting pregn...
How does the "morning after pill" work?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved an emergency contraceptive to be sold over the counte...