What can I do to protect myself from poor food handling at a restaurant?

Peter DeLucia
Health Education
To protect you and your family from poor food handling at restaurants, keep food temperature in mind, as well as glove use by the staff and servers. In this video, public health specialist Peter DeLucia, MPA, explains why these elements are key.

Continue Learning about Eating and Society

Eating and Society

Eating and Society

Many Americans are overweight due to a diet filled with high-calorie convenience foods, lack of exercise, large portion sizes and long work hours. The average diet is high in sugar and saturated fat. Many processed foods also have ...

high sodium content. But many of us don't know how to eat healthy. What are some ways in which food production affects our health? Should we learn how food is prepared from other cultures? Learn more about how you can adopt healthy eating habits with expert advice from Sharecare.