Is there a cure for dry eyes?

Dry eyes can be managed, if not cured, through treatment. Increasing the amount of tears through artificial means such as eye drops can clear up many of the symptoms of the condition. Blocking the ducts that drain tears is another way to keep moisture available to the eyes. The quantity of tears produced by the eyes can be increased either through medicated eye drops or by changing your diet to include more fatty acids.

Continue Learning about Dry Eyes

How Do Dry Eyes Affect Women Differently Than Men?
Do dry eyes affect men and women differently? In this video, ophthalmologist David Demartini, MD, discusses why women are more susceptible than men wh...
What do dry eyes mean about my eye health?
Dry eyes mean that the eyes are not being supplied with adequate tears to function normally. Tears m...
How do I manage my dry eyes on a daily basis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
You can manage your dry eyes on a daily basis through an over-the-counter product and giving your ey...
What is dry eye syndrome?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The rate of incidence for dry eyes is high for people 65 and older and particularly women in that ag...