Who is eligible for the Ticket to Work program?

You become eligible to participate in the Ticket to Work program when you start receiving Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and/or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits. These providers, called Employment Networks (ENs), offer specialized services such as career counseling, job placement and training. You may receive services from your local vocational rehabilitation agency as well as ongoing services from an EN.

Everyone age 18­64 who receives SSDI and/or SSI benefits is eligible to participate. Participation in the Ticket program is free and voluntary, and your eligibility will be verified by your service provider. You can also find out about your eligibility status by calling the Ticket to Work Help Line at 1­866­968­7842 (V) or 866­833­2967 (TTY).

If you receive disability benefits from Social Security, then you know that getting those benefits took time, energy and patience. In determining your eligibility for disability benefits, Social Security found that you could not earn enough money to support yourself. However, with the right opportunities and support, many people can earn a higher standard of living by going to work and leaving the benefit rolls. Earning a living through employment is not something everyone can do, but it may be right for you. Many find that the rewards far outweigh the risks.

Continue Learning about Disability Insurance

How can I get Social Security benefits if I have cancer?
PearlPoint Cancer SupportPearlPoint Cancer Support
To qualify for Social Security Disability benefits, you must meet the Social Security Administration...
What is the Ticket to Work program?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Social Security’s Ticket to Work program supports the career development of individuals with disabil...
Are there tips on how to get approved for Social Security disability?
The best advice to get your Social Security disability approved is to have all your documents in ord...
Where can I find information about disability resources online?
Disability.gov is a federal government website that provides comprehensive information about disabil...