What is an antiestrogen?

An antiestrogen is a substance that prevents cells from making or using estrogen (a hormone that plays a role in the formation of female sex characteristics, the menstrual cycle, and pregnancy). Antiestrogens may stop some cancer cells from growing and are used to prevent and treat breast cancer. They are also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer. An antiestrogen is a type of hormone antagonist. Also called estrogen blocker.

This answer is based on source information from The National Cancer Institute.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

A Bread Spread That's Good for Your Stomach
When you have a craving for something creamy and hearty to spread on your crackers and breads, whip up a bean spread. Your tummy will thank you. Beca...
How do I know if I need my gallbladder removed (cholecystectomy)?
The main reason for gallbladder removal is symptomatic gallstones. Many people have gallstones witho...
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
Reach for these when your tummy rumbles.
What Poop Colors Reveal About Your Health