What can I do to keep my liver healthy?

To keep your liver healthy:

•Limit alcohol to no more than one drink a day for women and two for men.

•Keep fat intake to 25% of your daily diet, which is no more than 65 grams of fat daily and most of that should come from heart-healthy mono-and poly-unsaturated fats.

•Eat spinach and other dark, leafy greens, which help detoxify the liver.

Years you will add to your life: seven

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Diverticular Disease Basics: What You Need to Know
Your stomach pain just wasn’t going away on its own. You finally went to your doctor and were diagnosed with diverticular disease. What is this condit...
Where does a liver for a transplant come from?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Whole livers come from people who have just died. This type of donor is called a cadaveric donor. So...
4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health
4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health
Your gut is responsible for more than digestion; it can reveal illness, too.
What Is the Medicinal Value of Mushrooms?