What are symptoms of anal fistulas?

Anal fistulas may appear as swollen inflamed sores near the anus from which pus, clear liquid, stool, or blood may drain. They may also appear as a painful lump near the anus, and can be accompanied by signs of an infection such as fever or chills.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

The Common Gut Condition That Could Cost You Your Colon
Feeling pain or a strange discomfort in your abdomen? Don’t worry; you're not alone. Every year, thousands of people are admitted to hospitals for abd...
What role do bacteria play in gut?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Different populations around the world have different bacteria in the gut. This could explain wh...
Embarrassing Stomach Issues, Solved
Embarrassing Stomach Issues, SolvedEmbarrassing Stomach Issues, SolvedEmbarrassing Stomach Issues, SolvedEmbarrassing Stomach Issues, Solved
Find out if your gas, grunts and growls are normal and what to do about them.
What Should I Look for in a High-Quality Probiotic?