What do I need to know about caring for someone with dyspepsia?

Because the symptoms of dyspepsia can be aggravated by diet, stress, and anxiety, the best thing you can do for people with chronic indigestion is to limit their exposure to triggers. Keep their diet healthy and don't contribute to or encourage consumption of caffeine, alcohol, or cigarettes. Make sure their mealtimes are calm and stress-free, and allow them enough time to eat without rushing them. Try to limit exposure to other stress triggers as well, and encourage them to take steps toward a healthier lifestyle through exercise, meditation, or yoga.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Tell Me Why… I Poop More During My Period
As if the cramps, bloating, mood swings, exhaustion and increased appetite during premenstrual syndrome (PMS) weren’t bad enough, your tummy may get o...
What is the prognosis for swallowing disorders (dysphagia)?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The prognosis for dysphagia depends upon the type of swallowing problem and the course of the neurol...
Embarrassing Stomach Issues, Solved
Embarrassing Stomach Issues, SolvedEmbarrassing Stomach Issues, SolvedEmbarrassing Stomach Issues, SolvedEmbarrassing Stomach Issues, Solved
Find out if your gas, grunts and growls are normal and what to do about them.
Can I Take Probiotics If I Am Pregnant or Breastfeeding?