How do I know if I have a digestive enzyme deficiency?

Robynne K. Chutkan, MD
Gastroenterology

You may have a digestive enzyme deficiency and not even know it; a common example is lactose intolerance. In this video, integrative gastroenterologist Robynne Chutkan, MD, discusses how the inability to digest certain foods may signal low enzymes.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

A Bread Spread That's Good for Your Stomach
When you have a craving for something creamy and hearty to spread on your crackers and breads, whip up a bean spread. Your tummy will thank you. Beca...
What medication will I need to take after a liver transplant?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
Once a new liver is transplanted, a recipient will be given immunosuppressant drugs to prevent the b...
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
Reach for these when your tummy rumbles.
What Are Some Factors That Can Deplete My Digestive Enzyme Levels?