How does dyspepsia affect the body?

The way dyspepsia most commonly affects the body is simply by causing stomach discomfort, which in turn may affect quality of life. It can lead to eating less and losing weight. The intestinal distress caused by dyspepsia can also cause increased stomach sensitivity and spasms, anemia, and black or bloody stools. Depending on the cause of dyspepsia, any underlying medical problems may affect the body in their own way.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

You've Been Pooping Wrong Your Whole Life
To squat or to sit—that is the question. Inventions like the Squatty Potty have sparked conversations about the right and wrong way to poop. Unnatura...
How are esophageal ulcers diagnosed?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Doctors can diagnose esophageal ulcers using a variety of tests. First, doctors generally ask about ...
4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health
4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health
Your gut is responsible for more than digestion; it can reveal illness, too.
What Should I Look for in a High-Quality Probiotic?