What do I need to know about caring for someone with refractory ulcers?

A refractory ulcer can be a sign of a bigger problem, like stomach cancer. If you're caring for someone with a refractory ulcer, it's important to make sure that person is tested for other conditions. Also, it's important that the person you are caring for go to the doctor to assess what is keeping the ulcer from healing. Without following these steps, the person you are caring for likely will not be able to heal. Additionally, much of the care for refractory ulcers consists of lifestyle choices. Make sure you understand the advice that the doctor gives the person you are caring for and follow any treatment plan.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Dr. Oz Asks: Is Your Poop Normal or Not?
Is there such a thing as perfect poop? You bet. Your stool can speak volumes about your health. If you’re not in the habit of sneaking a peek before ...
Do I need to go to the hospital for gallbladder surgery?
Henrico Doctors' Hospital  - HCA VirginiaHenrico Doctors' Hospital - HCA Virginia
Most gallbladder surgery does not require a hospital stay, as it is done laparoscopically, using fou...
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
Reach for these when your tummy rumbles.
What Role Do Bacteria Play in the Gut?
What Role Do Bacteria Play in the Gut?