How big is the gallbladder?

The gallbladder is a small organ, only about one inch wide by three inches long and shaped a little like a pear. It is located just under your liver in the upper right side of your abdomen. Its job is to concentrate and store the fluid known as bile produced by your liver, and then to release it into your intestine as needed for digesting your food.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Try This Buttery Treat for Your Pancreas
Creamy, luscious, buttery-smooth—and it may be good for your pancreas, too. We're talking about the avocado. Why? Because it's got plant fats. And re...
How can I get my digestion back on track?
Natasha Turner, NDNatasha Turner, ND
You can get your digestion back on track and optimize fat burning by removing foods that trigger inf...
4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health
4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health
Your gut is responsible for more than digestion; it can reveal illness, too.
How Does What I Eat Affect the Good Bacteria in My Gut?