How big is the gallbladder?

The gallbladder is a small organ, only about one inch wide by three inches long and shaped a little like a pear. It is located just under your liver in the upper right side of your abdomen. Its job is to concentrate and store the fluid known as bile produced by your liver, and then to release it into your intestine as needed for digesting your food.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

3 Surprising Causes Of Constipation
3 Surprising Causes Of Constipation
A Chinese man had an 11-pound bowel movement removed from his colon after having been constipated for a decade. While that’s about as extreme as it ge...
What should I do if my peptic ulcers are not healing?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Peptic ulcers are sometimes caused by Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection. Your doctor will li...
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
Reach for these when your tummy rumbles.
How Can Turmeric Aid in Digestion and Benefit Gut Health?