What foods should I eat for a healthy gastrointestinal system?

Diet is one of the most important factors in maintaining a healthy gastrointestinal (GI) system. Eat a healthy, high fiber diet of fruits, vegetables, and wholegrain cereals, and limit the amount of processed food and sugar you consume.

Water softens stool, and so is an important component of GI health.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

All About YOU: A Gut Feeling
All About YOU: A Gut Feeling
What's in fruit, veggies, and whole grains that keeps your GI system on track? Fiber, for one thing. But here's another: prebiotics. Certain produce ...
How is an appendix removed?
Overland Park Regional Medical CenterOverland Park Regional Medical Center
Surgery is required to remove the appendix. This can be done through an open incision or using minim...
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
Reach for these when your tummy rumbles.
What Are Ways to Include Yogurt in My Diet?