Can my gallbladder cause pain even if I don't have gallstones?

Occasionally, people may have symptoms similar to biliary colic—pain 30 to 60 minutes after eating that originates in the right upper abdomen, just beneath the ribs, and may radiate to the back, side or shoulder blade on the right—even though they do not have gallstones. Your doctor may order tests to evaluate this pain. However, if the gallbladder is found to be the cause, it can be removed just as if you had stones.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

5 Tips to Improve Your Liver Health
5 Tips to Improve Your Liver Health
Quick! What’s a deep maroon color, looks like a squashed football, and works 24/7 keeping YOU detoxed? Answer: Your liver. And that hard-working organ...
What are the side effects of having a feeding tube?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Side effects of having a feeding tube include things like redness or pain around the stoma, stomach ...
4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health
4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health
Your gut is responsible for more than digestion; it can reveal illness, too.
How Doctors Reach a Diagnosis
How Doctors Reach a Diagnosis