Can my gallbladder cause pain even if I don't have gallstones?

Occasionally, people may have symptoms similar to biliary colic -- pain 30 to 60 minutes after eating that originates in the right upper abdomen, just beneath the ribs, and may radiate to the back, side or shoulder blade on the right -- even though they do not have gallstones. Your doctor may order tests to evaluate this pain. However, if the gallbladder is found to be the cause, it can be removed just as if you had stones.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Digestive Health

Digestive Health

The digestive system includes all parts of the body that process food and expel waste, from your mouth to the end of your digestive tract. Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract prevent your body from effectively using the food yo...

u eat. Learn more about digestive health from our experts.