Why should I pay attention to digestive problems?

Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
Digestive complaints -- gas, bloating, reflux, constipation, heartburn, irritable bowel, pain, diarrhea, or a wonderful combination of all or any of these -- are signs of imbalances that your body wants you to tune-in and correct, like yesterday. Your belly doesn't want to be sluggish, overworked and underpaid, or moving so fast it's out of control and leaves you spinning. Digestive disturbance means that nutrients aren't getting where they should -- either to your cells for energy and repair work, or out of the body because they don't belong. So an unhappy belly is something that deserves your attention ASAP.

Digestive health is the center of gravity for all other points of health in the body. When out of balance, sick, or diseased, virtually every other system and organ gets negatively affected, triggering scores of problems you wouldn't normally or intuitively link directly to the digestive tract.
Mom Energy: A Simple Plan to Live Fully Charged

From celebrated dietitian Ashley Koff and fitness trainer to the stars Kathy Kaehler comes Mom Energy, an exciting new way for moms to tap into their own natural and renewable sources of...

Continue Learning about Digestive Diseases

Do I Have Celiac Disease, Gluten Sensitivity, or a Wheat Allergy?
Odds are, someone you know has gone gluten-free. Perhaps they’re trying to drop some pounds, or they simply believe it’s healthier for them. Or, maybe...
What are the functions of a healthy gastrointestinal system?
A healthy gastrointestinal (GI) system breaks down food into useable parts and absorbs nutrients and...
What causes digestive diseases?
Many different factors cause digestive diseases. Some common causes are bacterial infection, viral i...
What Are the Treatment Options for Digestive Diseases?