What increases my risk for an obstetric fistula?

Your risk for an obstetric fistula is increased if you experience childbearing difficulty and do not get the proper medical attention in time. If you have poor nutrition and your pelvic area and skeletal system is underdeveloped, your risk also increases. If you live in a developing country where medical intervention is not readily available, you have a much higher risk for an obstetric fistula.

Continue Learning about Digestive Diseases

Do I Have Celiac Disease, Gluten Sensitivity, or a Wheat Allergy?
Odds are, someone you know has gone gluten-free. Perhaps they’re trying to drop some pounds, or they simply believe it’s healthier for them. Or, maybe...
What is an EGD?
EGD stands for esophagogastroduodenoscopy. An EGD is a diagnostic test in which an instrument called...
Can leaky gut syndrome make a medical condition worse?
Leopold D. Galland, MDLeopold D. Galland, MD
For most conditions, the precise role of Leaky Gut Syndrome remains unclear, but it seems to be ...
What Increases My Risk for Digestive Diseases?