Can an obstetric fistula be prevented?

Obstetric fistulas can be prevented with timely and proper medical treatment. If a pregnant woman has access to readily available medical intervention, such as a caesarean section, when childbirth difficulties occur, the development of an obstetric fistula can be avoided. Proper nourishment and prenatal health care are also helpful in preventing an obstetric fistula. Some organizations, such as the Campaign to End Fistula, believe that addressing the issues of poverty and sexual education can also contribute to preventing obstetric fistulas.

Continue Learning about Digestive Diseases

Good News About Difficult Colon Polyps
Good News About Difficult Colon Polyps
Every year tens of thousands of people face serious colon surgery to remove big polyps before they can morph into colon cancer. Many have part of thei...
What should I do if I am lactose intolerant?
If you are lactose intolerant you will need to avoid or eat less of foods that have lactose in them....
What is an enterolith?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
An enterolith is another name for a bezoar. An enterolith is an agglomerated mass of indigestible ma...
What Are the Symptoms of an Unhealthy Gastrointestinal System?