What should I know about silymarin before taking it?

Before you take silymarin (milk thistle), you should know that the benefits of silymarin have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The risks of silymarin are also unknown, because of the lack of studies of silymarin. There is no regulation of the manufacturing and distribution of silymarin. When purchasing this supplement, purchasing if from a reputable source can help you avoid risk of contamination.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

4 Exercise Supplements That Just Don’t Work—and 4 That Really Do
Athletes are always looking for ways to move faster, become stronger and have more energy. Many view supplements as a way to give them the edge needed...
Why do we know so little about nutritional supplements?
Alan GabyAlan Gaby
We actually know an enormous amount about nutritional supplements. My recently published textbook, N...
What is the correct dosage of Oralyte and what are its side effects?
MediGuardMediGuard
Oralyte is a supplement that contains carbohydrates (sugar) and electrolytes such as sodium and pota...
How Do I Correct Hormonal Deficiencies with Nutritional Supplements?