How can I use walnut oil to help keep my brain healthy?

Replace the olive oil in your favorite vinaigrette with walnut oil. Walnut oil, which is chock-full of brain-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, cuts brain inflammation, a precursor to many cognitive problems. It also keeps oxygen-rich blood flowing to your brain by thinning the blood slightly.

Continue Learning about Diet & Nervous System

What nutrients help improve brain health?
Dr. Daniel G. Amen, MDDr. Daniel G. Amen, MD
Food is medicine and can help you be trim, vibrant, happy and focused -- or it can make you plump, s...
What foods are good for my child's brain?
Academy of Nutrition and DieteticsAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
A well-balanced diet can help children of any age optimize their brainpower or thinking skills i...
Dr. Amen’s Top Recipes for Better Brain Health
Dr. Amen’s Top Recipes for Better Brain HealthDr. Amen’s Top Recipes for Better Brain HealthDr. Amen’s Top Recipes for Better Brain HealthDr. Amen’s Top Recipes for Better Brain Health
These recipes deliver brain-healthy nutrients to keep your mind sharp.
How Coffee and Red Wine Help Your Memory