When should I worry about my baby spitting up?

Call your doctor if the spit-up seems forceful (shoots across the room), your baby seems to be in pain, or you notice any blood or greenish color in the spit-up or any increase in frequency or intensity of the spit-up. Also call if her belly looks swollen or distended or feels hard. In addition, let your pediatrician know if you notice that your baby doesn’t seem to be gaining weight or is having fewer wet and dirty diapers, as these may be signs that not enough of what she eats is staying down.
Mommy Calls: Dr. Tanya Answers Parents' Top 101 Questions About Babies and Toddlers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------The must-have resource for parents of children up to age three! Small enough to fit in a diaper bag, but big on...

Continue Learning about Diapering & Digestion In Babies

How often will I have to change my baby's diaper?
If junior is having fewer than six wet or three soiled diapers a day for more than two days (or no s...
How often should my newborn poop?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
In the first few weeks of life, your newborn really should poop every day; if not, let your pediatri...
3 Ways to Prevent & Treat Diaper Rash
3 Ways to Prevent & Treat Diaper Rash
How Can Diaper Changing Be Made Easier?
How Can Diaper Changing Be Made Easier?