When should I worry about my baby spitting up?

Call your doctor if the spit-up seems forceful (shoots across the room), your baby seems to be in pain, or you notice any blood or greenish color in the spit-up or any increase in frequency or intensity of the spit-up. Also call if her belly looks swollen or distended or feels hard. In addition, let your pediatrician know if you notice that your baby doesn’t seem to be gaining weight or is having fewer wet and dirty diapers, as these may be signs that not enough of what she eats is staying down.
Mommy Calls: Dr. Tanya Answers Parents' Top 101 Questions About Babies and Toddlers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------The must-have resource for parents of children up to age three! Small enough to fit in a diaper bag, but big on...

Continue Learning about Diapering & Digestion In Babies

What is a diaper rash?
Dr. Deborah Mulligan, MDDr. Deborah Mulligan, MD
Diaper rash describes any rash or irritation in the area covered by the diaper. The first signs usua...
How do I burp my baby?
You should burp your baby before moving him from one breast to the other, and then after he fini...
How Can Diaper Changing Be Made Easier?
How Can Diaper Changing Be Made Easier?
3 Ways to Prevent & Treat Diaper Rash
3 Ways to Prevent & Treat Diaper Rash