How long does colic last?

Colic, a condition in which an otherwise healthy infant is crying, fussy, and irritated for more than three hours a day and more than three days in any given week, usually goes away within a few months. But it can be upsetting, frustrating, and hard to handle. Some of the crying may be gastrointestinal (GI) related, but that's not always the case.
YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade

There’s little doubt that parenting can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying experiences you’ll ever have. But it can be plenty tough, too: Around the clock, you’re working to keep your...

Continue Learning about Diapering & Digestion In Babies

What does it mean if my baby is projectile vomiting?
That means the pathway from his stomach to his intestines is blocked, preventing the stomach from em...
When should I worry about my baby spitting up?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
Call your doctor if the spit-up seems forceful (shoots across the room), your baby seems to be in pa...
3 Ways to Prevent & Treat Diaper Rash
3 Ways to Prevent & Treat Diaper Rash
How Can Diaper Changing Be Made Easier?
How Can Diaper Changing Be Made Easier?