How common is diaper rash?

Deborah Mulligan
Deborah Mulligan on behalf of MDLIVE
Pediatrics
Diaper rash causes the skin on your baby’s bottom, and sometimes in his/her crotch and inner legs, to become red and sore.  Occasionally the skin can become blistery and infected.  In those cases your doctor may prescribe a medicated cream or ointment to reduce the inflammation and treat the infection.  

Diaper rash is the most common skin concern among infants; it affects approximately one in three babies.

Continue Learning about Diapering & Digestion In Babies

What could cause a red streak in my newborn's diaper?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
Here are some guidelines for identifying a red streak in a newborn's diaper: • If the spot looks ...
How often should my infant poop?
Infants usually poop less often than newborns and some may only go once a week (how nice for those f...
3 Ways to Prevent & Treat Diaper Rash
3 Ways to Prevent & Treat Diaper Rash
How Can Diaper Changing Be Made Easier?
How Can Diaper Changing Be Made Easier?