What does it mean if my baby's stool is white or bloody?

If his stool is white, something is wrong with his liver as it's trying to metabolize food. If the baby's stool is bloody, it can be caused by a number of things, such as a small anal tear, allergens, eating too many beets or even ingesting blood from Mom's cracked nipple, which more commonly causes bloody spit up.

In the case of white stool, the doctor will check to see if the path between the liver and intestines is functioning normally. If the stool is bloody, it still needs to be checked out.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Diapering & Digestion In Babies