Why are so many people with diabetes non-compliant?

People with diabetes are often labeled non-compliant when they don’t have perfect glucose control, don’t follow the instructions from their healthcare providers or don't take their medications as prescribed. There are many reasons some people with diabetes are non-compliant, ranging from emotional, financial and physical barriers for the person to uninformed and ignorant healthcare providers. Another factor is limited access to the best therapies currently available for many people. 

Continue Learning about Diabetes

How to Give Yourself an Insulin Injection
It’s natural to feel anxious about giving yourself insulin injections, particularly if you’re not a fan of needles. But keep in mind: Insulin is injec...
How should I prepare for an emergency if I have diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Everyone is now advised to have a plan in place in the case of an emergency, and people with diabete...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
How Do DPP-4 Inhibitors Work for Type 2 Diabetes?