Is white bean extract beneficial for people with diabetes?

Some studies show that white bean extract can block carbohydrate absorption and slow the breakdown of carbs into sugars. It may also slow the rate that food exits your stomach. Get your doctor's approval first and then do some experiments and determine just how much glucose lowering you can expect and whether you have any side effects. The most likely side effects would be gassiness and diarrhea.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

The Pancreas and Diabetes
The Pancreas and Diabetes
Take a trip inside the body with this video from Virtual Health Solutions. Get an up-close look at the pancreas, the gland that produces the hormone i...
What medications interact with glinides?
If you are taking gemfibrozil, you should not take repaglinide. This answer was adapted from Sharec...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
What Should I Consider When Eating Products That Contain Agave?