How does dyspraxia affect the body?

Dyspraxia affects the body by impairing the organization of movement. The control of body movements, like balancing, walking, running, tying shoelaces, and buttoning clothes, are more noticeable effects. These fine motor skills are impaired by dyspraxia, making it seem as if the child is "accident prone." Language delays may be present, but they're often more difficult to recognize, especially if the child is quiet. Dyspraxia is not linked to I.Q. but because tasks like writing take longer and are more labor intensive, it gives the impression that the affected person is slower-thinking.

Continue Learning about Developmental Disorders

What is developmental expressive language disorder?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Some children with language impairments have problems expressing themselves in speech. Their disorde...
How do I manage my child's mental retardation on a daily basis?
Daily management of a child with mental retardation is based on the child's individual health plan. ...
Why Do Some People with Autism Have Both Developmental Disorders and Remarkable Abilities?
How to Spot Dyslexia in Young Kids
How to Spot Dyslexia in Young Kids