Will dentures affect my sense of taste?

For the most part, people with dentures can still taste foods the same way they did before they got dentures since the majority of taste comes from taste buds on the tongue. In fact, people may be able to eat a wider variety of foods, which can be beneficial for health reasons and for enjoyment! In some cases, people who wear complete dentures may have a slight reduction in taste. Also, the lower denture may interfere with the tongue. Talk to your dentist if you're concerned about your dentures interfering with your sense of taste.

Continue Learning about Dentures

Does denture adhesive containing zinc cause neuropathy?
Jerry P. Gordon, DMDJerry P. Gordon, DMD
It is possible that some popular brands of denture adhesive that contain zinc can cause neurological...
Will I need a root canal if I'm going to get complete dentures?
Frank Orlando, DDSFrank Orlando, DDS
Not usually. A complete denture is used when you have no teeth remaining. It completely replaces all...
Will dentures increase my risk for oral health problems?
Dentures don't normally increase the risk for oral health problems. Since dentures are normally a la...
What happens if my dentures become cracked or warped?
If your dentures become cracked, warped, broken, or damaged in any way, talk to your dentist immedia...