Will dentures affect my sense of taste?

For the most part, people with dentures can still taste foods the same way they did before they got dentures since the majority of taste comes from taste buds on the tongue. In fact, people may be able to eat a wider variety of foods, which can be beneficial for health reasons and for enjoyment! In some cases, people who wear complete dentures may have a slight reduction in taste. Also, the lower denture may interfere with the tongue. Talk to your dentist if you're concerned about your dentures interfering with your sense of taste.

Continue Learning about Dentures

Will dentures make me look different?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
Dentures can certainly affect your appearance. If you have existing dentures and you wish to make ch...
What happens if my dentures become cracked or warped?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Dentures are very delicate and may break or crack if dropped even a few inches. Also, dentures may l...
How do dentures help edentulism?
Edentulism, or lack of teeth, is corrected with replacement of teeth. One way to accomplish this is ...
What problems should I expect with new dentures?
New dentures may cause problems for the first few months of wearing them. It takes a while for your ...