What is a dental hygienist?

Your Dental Hygienist is an important dental professional that is responsible for cleaning your teeth. She has typically completed a program of 4 years, and continues to keep her license current by completing continuing education yearly. Hygienists are experts at scaling, root planing, oral hygiene, sealant placement, taking radiographs and alerting the supervising Dentist where there is a problem before their exam. Many Hygienists are licensed to give anesthesia and nitrous oxide sedation. Your Dental Hygienist is aware of dental issues- she/he is a great person ask your questions to! 

Continue Learning about Oral Health

Chapped Lips? Avoid This . . .
Chapped Lips? Avoid This . . .
If the cooler fall air has you reaching for your lip balm, flip it over and look at the label. You might want to ditch it if you see this in the ingre...
What happens to my dental restorations as I age?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
Dental restorations can wear, change, fracture, discolor and even be affected by recurrent decay of ...
8 Things Your Breath Reveals About Your Health
8 Things Your Breath Reveals About Your Health8 Things Your Breath Reveals About Your Health8 Things Your Breath Reveals About Your Health8 Things Your Breath Reveals About Your Health
Stop throwing mints at the problem—find out what's causing your bad breath. 
How to Brush With Charcoal Toothpaste
How to Brush With Charcoal Toothpaste