How many dental specialties are there?

Currently there are nine dental specialties recognized by the American Dental Association as meeting the Requirements for Recognition of Dental Specialties and National Certifying Boards for Dental Specialists. As part of the specialty recognition process, applicants must complete an Application for Specialty Recognition.

Dental specialties are recognized by the Association to protect the public, nurture the art and science of dentistry, and improve the quality of care. Specialties are recognized in those areas where advanced knowledge and skills are essential to maintain or restore oral health.

Continue Learning about Oral Health

7 Worst Foods for Tooth Enamel Loss
7 Worst Foods for Tooth Enamel Loss7 Worst Foods for Tooth Enamel Loss7 Worst Foods for Tooth Enamel Loss7 Worst Foods for Tooth Enamel Loss
Find out the worst foods for tooth enamel loss and acid erosion in teeth ok Guess what? Sugar isn't the biggest culprit when it comes to a fizzy drink...
7 Worst Foods for Tooth Enamel Loss
Find out the worst foods for tooth enamel loss and acid erosion in teeth. Guess what? Sugar isn't the biggest culprit when it comes to a fizzy drink's...
Gobble Yogurt for Healthy Gums
Gobble Yogurt for Healthy Gums
How Can I Help Someone Get Over a Fear of Going to the Dentist?