Why do tooth replacements cost so much?

Tooth replacements cost more than most other dental treatment because the dentist has to pay his laboratory to make them. The "hard" cost of an implant, crown or denture is added to all of the other office overhead.
If you are thinking about getting a dental bridge, complete dentures, or implants to replace missing teeth, you may find that even with dental insurance, you are paying a lot of money. However, keep in mind that these procedures often require multiple visits with a dentist, oral/maxillofacial surgeon, or both. They may involve the work of a special dental laboratory, x-rays, and multiple fittings -- but when finished, the tooth replacement may last for many years.

Continue Learning about Dental Implant

What is dental peri-implant mucositis?
Dr. Anthony SclarDr. Anthony Sclar
Peri-implant mucositis is an inflammation that is limited to the soft tissues surrounding a dental ...
How does my dentist evaluate me for dental implants?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
When considering dental implants, a patient's health is more of a factor than age. Those patients wh...
How old is tooth replacement therapy?
The history of tooth replacement goes back at least several centuries and possibly before histor...
Who can get dental implants?
Implants are not an option for everyone. Because implants require surgery, patients must be in good ...