Can swimming lead to a dental emergency?

According to some dentists, swimming pools are the number-one cause of dental emergencies. Accidents can happen while diving or swimming under water, and from emerging too close to the edge of the pool. Running around the pool can be hazardous, as well. And, accidents can happen just as easily to adults as to children. Although accidents do happen, many can be prevented.

Continue Learning about Dental Emergency

How to Deal with 4 Common Dental Emergencies
Whether your idea of vacation fun is sun and sandcastles, city slicking or sleeping under the stars, dental emergencies can happen anywhere. Here’s ho...
Is losing a filling or crown a dental emergency?
Philip M. Uffer, DDSPhilip M. Uffer, DDS
I usually let the patient tell me ;) If they are in pain or they are self-conscious about it then...
What dental emergencies can happen in the workplace?
If you have are a professional boxer or hockey player, you might have an increased risk for dent...
What if I have a heart attack during a dental procedure?
If you experience chest pain during your dental procedure, the dentist should stop the procedure, ca...