How many visits does it take to place a dental crown?

Permanent dental crowns are usually placed on your second visit with the dentist.

Getting a dental crown requires at least two visits. On the first visit your dentist will discuss the procedure with you to determine if it's right for you. A mold will also be taken. From this mold, the crown will be created, oftentimes in an offsite dental lab. On the following visit, the crown will fitted by your dentist onto your tooth or teeth. Follow up visits may be necessary to check the fitting, make any adjustments or if you're having any complications.

Continue Learning about Dental Crown

What follow-up is required for crown lengthening?
Crown lengthening usually requires more than one visit, so following up with your periodontist is im...
How is a dental crown fitted?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
A crown is an indirect restoration (made in a lab and then placed on the tooth) that covers or "...
What is the difference between a crown and a cap?
Tina L. Herington, DMDTina L. Herington, DMD
There is no difference, they are the same. Cap is an older term and is still commonly used to refer ...
Can I get a dental crown to improve the look of my teeth?
Yasaman S. Roland, DDSYasaman S. Roland, DDS
Yes. However, a lot of it depends on how you are trying to improve the looks of your teeth. If your ...