Should I talk to my doctor about my dengue fever symptoms?

Talk to your doctor about dengue fever symptoms if you have traveled to areas where dengue fever occurs or recently had a mosquito bite. Talk to your doctor immediately if you are experiencing high fever, continual vomiting, pain in the abdomen, difficulty breathing, or bleeding of your gums or nose. These symptoms could indicate a more severe strain of the disease and the effects of the symptoms require more urgent medical treatment

Continue Learning about Dengue Fever

How do other illnesses affect dengue fever?
The disease that causes the largest risk of complications from dengue fever is a prior infection...
How do medications treat dengue fever?
Acetaminophen is used to treat dengue fever by reducing the fever and treating the pain. Besides ace...
What causes dengue fever?
Dengue fever is caused by a virus that is carried in the blood. It is transmitted from infected peop...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with dengue fever?
When caring for someone with dengue fever, make sure they stay hydrated, rest, and take acetaminophe...