What do I need to know about caring for someone with dengue fever?

When caring for someone with dengue fever, make sure they stay hydrated, rest, and take acetaminophen for their pain and fever. Dengue fever can cause high body temperatures and vomiting, which in turn causes loss of fluids. It is very important to replace those fluids to avoid dehydration, which may create more severe complications. Rest will help their body recharge and make it possible to fight the virus.

Continue Learning about Dengue Fever

How do I manage dengue fever on a daily basis?
Daily management of dengue fever requires drinking plenty of liquids, using acetaminophen, and getti...
What are the treatment options for dengue fever?
The best treatment for dengue fever is acetaminophen to treat the pain and fever and plenty of fluid...
What is dengue fever?
Dengue fever is a viral disease that is spread through mosquito bites. It cannot be spread through h...
How do medications treat dengue fever?
Acetaminophen is used to treat dengue fever by reducing the fever and treating the pain. Besides ace...