What is Blue-Light Cystoscopy?

Blue light cystoscopy is advanced detection of bladder cancer. Using it, I can find tumors before I could’ve with my naked eye using the traditional white-light camera, and them immediately remove them. It can be done up to one year in advance. Blue-Light therapy may help us genetically map bladder cancer in the future by helping us find precancerous cells and develop more advanced detection methods, therapies or even vaccines.

Continue Learning about Cystoscopy

What is cystoscopy for incontinence?
Jill RabinJill Rabin
A cystoscopy may be performed to ensure that the inside of the urethra and bladder are healthy. The ...
How does a cystoscopy exam test for bladder problems?
A cystoscopy is an examination of the tissue inside the bladder. Using a special scope, a urolog...
What does an abnormal cystoscopy reading indicate?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
There are multiple ways a doctor may check for potential bladder abnormalities. First, a simple urin...
What should I expect when I get a cystoscopy?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Cystoscopy is a procedure in which a small fiber optic telescope is passed into the urinary bladder ...